– where were you born, where did you grow up, where do you live now?
Born in Salmon Arm BC, Moved to Edmonton on “Black Friday” in 1987. Currently living in St. Albert, AB.
– first film you made, and where and when?
My first film SublimitA was a B&W Super8 in-camera edit. It was made for a Super 8 Challenge workshop at the Film and Video Arts Society – Alberta.
– latest film you made, and where and when?
My latest film Further Back and Faster was made for the Dyscorpia 2.1 Remote Exhibition in Edmonton. https://vimeo.com/429122775
– describe your current living space
I live with my partner, three children, a dog and a cat. Our 1970’s 1400 sq ft home backs onto a forest. The garden is growing. There’s always cleaning to be done. The kids are loud and hungry. The dog is sleeping. The cat is old.
– what Canadian would you challenge to make an isolation movie?
– In the history of cinema whose isolation move would you want to see?
– worst thing about being in isolation?
Witnessing the anxiety felt by friends and family.
– best thing about being in isolation?
As uncomfortable as it can be, isolation has a way of stripping back the narrative that is our ego mind, opening a window into the incredible nature of our existence.
– favourite book to read in isolation?
Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind
– favourite music to listen to in isolation?
Orphée by Jóhann Jóhannsson
– favourite movies to watch in isolation?
Picture of Light – by Peter Mettler, The Sacrifice – by Andrei Tarkovsky, 2001: A Space Odyssey – Stanley Kubrick, Enter the Void – by Gaspar Noe, and Arrival – by Denis Villeneuve
– favourite meal in isolation?
– what’s the last best thing you cooked?