– where were you born, where did you grow up, where do you live now?
Born in Winnipeg, live in Toronto/LA.
– first film you made, and where and when?
Something in college
– last film you made, and where and when?
The People Garden
– describe your current living space
A 650 square foot apartment. We’re basically pretending we’re on boat to make the home feel cozy rather than confining.
– what Canadian would you challenge to make an isolation movie?
Floria Sigismondi/David Cronenberg
– In the history of cinema whose isolation move would you want to see?
Probably David Lynch
– worst thing about being in isolation?
News of people losing their loved ones without being able to say goodbye to them. News of people dying alone.
– best thing about being in isolation?
The feeling that mama nature is getting some much-needed respite from our destructive ways. Hasn’t the sky looked more blue?
– favourite book to read in isolation?
Anything by Joan Didion.
– favourite music to listen to in isolation?
Nick Cave’s Ghosteen and Relax: A Liquid Mind Experience
– favourite movies to watch in isolation?
Everything on TCM
– favourite meal in isolation?
Homemade bread, olive oil and raw garlic.
– what’s the last best thing you cooked?
Five-ingredient Creamy Miso Pasta (we’re cooking everything on NYTimes Cooking)