– where were you born, where did you grow up, where do you live now?
I was born and grew up in Tehran, but have spent almost all my adult life in Canada, currently living in Vancouver.
– describe your current living space
Currently living and self-isolating in a condominium.
– the first film you made and where?
The first film I made was a short named The Miracle, shot it Vancouver.
– latest film you made, and where and when?
The last film I made was also a short called Rose shot in Toronto.
– worst thing about being in isolation?
The worst thing about isolation is sore low back followed by fear of weight gain.
– best thing about being in isolation?
The best thing about isolation may have been putting together this short film.
– favourite movies to watch in isolation?
Favourite movie to watch Hitchcock’s The Birds.
– whose isolation move would you want to see?
I would love to see the isolation film made by Robert Bresson.
– favourite music to listen to in isolation?
Favourite music to listen to in isolation is Bach’s Goldberg Variations.
– favourite book to read in isolation?
The book I have been reading recently is the Library of America’s Collected plays of Eugene O’Neil (read Camus’ The Plague almost 20 years ago, so nothing new there)
– favourite meal in isolation?
Favourite meal in isolation, the next meal (given the hustle to get good food).
– what’s the last best thing you cooked?
The last best thing I cooked was walnut sauce with lamb and pomegranate paste.