– where were you born, where did you grow up, where do you live now?
Born in Tehran. Grew up in Tehran, and then Hamilton, Oakville, Toronto.
– first film you made, and where and when?
“le sentiment” Sheridan college 2003
– latest film you made, and where and when?
“Shield” (working title) Film Farm 2019
– describe your current living space
A small one bedroom apartment with my partner.
– what Canadian would you challenge to make an isolation movie?
– In the history of cinema whose isolation move would you want to see?
– worst thing about being in isolation?
Not enough sun.
– best thing about being in isolation?
– favourite book to read in isolation?
On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Voung
– favourite music to listen to in isolation?
Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, world music
– favourite movies to watch in isolation?
Ema by Pablo Larrain, 1917 by Sam Mendez, and Parajanov movies.
– favourite meal in isolation?
homemade blueberry jam with yogurt… also brunch.
– what’s the last best thing you cooked?